Thursday, December 29, 2011

Handmade Christmas

My Christmas tree usually has less traditional ornaments and more actual ornaments(read 'jewelry':). But this year I decided to get a few handmade ornaments from various parts of the world. So along with earrings and mardi gras masks, there is a Nepali angel in sari, a yellow scooter from India, musicians from Guatemala and a wooden block from Bangladesh.




I did not stop at ornaments. I made these gift card holders for my baby's  daycare teachers. White paper envelopes did not feel nice enough to give to those ladies who spend their whole day amidst hyper babies. Of course, they look very amateurish, but I loved making them! (I have to find the tutorial I used and link it here)






Linking to Color Dekor's Santa Stories.

6 comments:

  1. The yellow scooter is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Love your Christmas ornaments and the handmade gift card holders:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow scooter...
    Wish you a happy and successful 2012 ...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little yellow scooter! and love your blog--such a lovely space you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely blog and that yellow scooter is awesome. Hope to see you st My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaawww... so cute!! Love the yellow scooter.. so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete